New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Tips for Solopreneur?

Ask HN: Tips for Solopreneur?
57 by solo_prono | 15 comments on Hacker News.
Yo HN! I have been working on some design tools in my spare time to solve problems I've faced over and over, and I'm thinking about monetizing them. I've been to some conferences recently and talked to a lot of people who have these problems as well, and they're keen to try it out. I have collected some emails, been communicating with them a bit and even got beers with one of them recently! Here's my list of concerns: 1. It is just me - is that a red flag? Some people have asked me about my team and I told them it was just me. I got the feeling that it may have turned them off because the conversation kind of ended right there. To be fair, after that I did say that it is just me right now BUTTTTTTTT why that is okay due to my experience and work history. However, yes it is my first time doing a business. 2. How do I set appropriate milestones for me to reach? Do I think about reaching 100 customers before reaching 5 recurring customers for example? 3. I'm in a small town in PNW. Does that matter if this will be an online thing anyway? Why or when do people move to big cities like Seattle/SF/NYC/Austin etc. 4. What are some ways to do marketing? Should I even think about that before I have a few customers who are using my product consistently? 5. I've been inspired by the Startup School videos. Honestly though I'm not sure about fundraising and all these things, it seems very intimidating to me. What's the difference between those things and starting a company and slowly building it up?

Post a Comment

0 Comments